Monday, December 22, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

So we have had record snowfall here...the biggest snow storm in 40 years...I have been snowed in...People here, do not realize how long it takes to stop on snow and ice...so they drive like crazy...so I just stay home (plus, the night before it snowed, my back tire went flat, so I have a spare on...which really means no driving).

I have been dying to get out and do a little shooting...I am slightly limited on where I can go with-in walking distance...but it was fun and I love walking in this stuff...So here are some shots....some are me actually being a photographer and being creative, LOL...while others are just a few to show the conditions....






These poor ducks, this is the only place in the water that was not frozen..the patch of water is only about 5'x5', and they have been swimming in it for the past few days...poor guys.



Look at all the snow...Good luck getting the car out :)

These red berries on the tree were so cool...


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your "winter" pics! They reminded me of all the things I used to LIKE about snow - stillness, beauty, and that wonderful crunching sound under my feet when walking...

Not much much of that experience out here in CA!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos! I love snow!

Amber said...

Gorgeous! We never get snow here in Tennessee so I love seeing pics of the white stuff!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the berry shots! I wish it snowed in Texas!

Anonymous said...

I love these type of shots. A cold snowy day, cloudy light, and a camera. There's just something timeless about these type of images.

Anonymous said...

Great shots...I love getting out at random and going for some artistic images as well. You clearly captured the winter in this series.

Anonymous said...

now I'm jealous - we only had a couple of centimeters today! :'o(
howdy from the [b]school anyway! love the work!!

sj.p

Erin said...

These are so beautiful. I can't believe how much snow you guys have gotten. People are used to it here but it still makes driving terrible.

Brooke Bowland said...

beautiful! What amazing outdoor shots...makes me think i should appreciate this white fluffy stuff that has taken over a little more! I have yah bookmarked!

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos - those ducks are so cute!! I've only seen snow once in my life so seeing everyone's snow pics is awesome!

Anonymous said...

love the berry shots! i've been wanting to do some kind of winter safari shoot for myself, but haven't had the time and energy to do so... thanks for sharing and capturing the beauty in winter!

jessie cho photography said...

love the berries! sometimes I wish it snows in San Francisco!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. And thanks for all the input you give on the b school. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snow pics! I would take a *little* bit of that off your hands if I could. Hope you can get out soon!

Anonymous said...

Ugh!! I miss the snow so much! (Grew up in Pennsylvania, but now live in Kentucky.) These pictures are beautiful, and they are making me SO homesick.

Splendid! Photography said...

oh the berry shots are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snow shots! LOVE the berries!